Saturday, February 25, 2012

Soy Beans, Soy Beans, Good for Your Heart

Since my hubby is away today, I am going really hard-core in Japanese home cooking. Well, not really. But I sometimes get a craving for certain foods. I looked in the freezer and found a package of Natto. My mind had already known what to make with it that instance. I could not resist that kind of force....

Fermented soy beans a.k.a. Natto

Rice vinegar, grated daikon radish, miso paste and Natto 
Mix them all up and stir till it gets really slimy! Pour it over rice

Voila! Natto Rice Bowl

This dish reminds me of home. The grated daikon radish takes away the pungent smell of Natto and makes it milder in flavor. Miso paste and rice vinegar add nuttiness and freshness to the dish. Garnish with green onions and roasted sesame seeds. I love Natto.




1 comment: