Thursday, March 8, 2012

Green Tea Incense

 Tea incense burner -- Cha Kouro


Old green tea leaves


I am very happy today. The tea incense burner has finally arrived. I have been wanting this for a long time and ordered it directly from Japan, but it came broken during the first shipment. I was really bummed out. Not because I wanted to blog about it, but I was just so ready I could almost smell it. The store was kind enough to send me another one right away. Thank you to the great staff of Tokyo SmartIt was so worth the wait. 


Try different kind each time

As soon as I opened it, I tried it out with an expired bag of green tea that was sitting in the freezer for a couple of years. The smell of roasting the green tea leaves is out of this world! It takes me right back to my hometown. One of my favorite things as a junior high school student was to walk by the tea store on the way home. They roasted the tea leaves everyday, and I could smell it from two blocks away. Even in the craziest day, I remember, that the smell filled me with peace. Like a reset button. A scent is a powerful memory trigger.




Tea candle is enough to roast the leaves

This cha-kouro has cut out shapes of a flower and a leaf on the clay pot. It is not quite dark outside yet, but I bet it would be beautiful to see it at night. Just don't leave the candle or fall asleep while it is burning. 


Click if you like this post




5 comments:

  1. Its significant and by some means sharing this to readers like me, would make me want to surf the web to have the ability to get significantly more fantastic suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys,
    I want to get a kind of product which can be burned and spread Tea incense. I found this product very useful in this page but do you have any suggestion how and where I can buy it?
    Thank guys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could only find them on the Japanese website. Tokyo Smart is a good place to buy online. So far I haven't had luck finding them anywhere else....

      Delete
  3. How does it differ from an oil warmer?

    ReplyDelete