Thursday, May 1, 2014

Tomatoes for the Garden

We didn't use the raised garden beds whole last year so the soil could rest. I didn't miss gardening much, but I did miss getting fresh tomatoes from our own garden. Today, I finally got off the couch and planted a few tomato plants. 

Husky Cherry Red tomatoes

I like having Husky Cherry Red tomatoes because the plant is compact, and it produces lots of tomatoes throughout the season. We sit out on the patio and munch on them during the season.

Mr. Stripey
I guess there will be red and yellow stripes on the tomatoes.

The weather is calm enough that gardening is finally fun. I still have several plants and herbs in mind for the garden. 

Mr. Stripey is the only plant in the raised garden so far. 

Late last month, I sowed the seeds of shishito peppers and shiso leaves. I had to protect them from cold snaps and thunderstorms in the past several weeks so they wouldn't get washed away by rain, but they seemed to have stayed in place. I got so excited to see some buds come out in the planters!

Shishito peppers
Shiso leaves
Kona inspects the planters.
Tiger Lilies are getting bigger!
Something else to look forward to.



Happy gardening, y'all!


Click if you like this post


No comments:

Post a Comment