Monday, April 21, 2014

Chopped Liver

There is only a few times that chopped liver is available at Whole Foods. Easter/Passover is one of them. I like how they season it. So when I had a chance to go there yesterday, I grabbed it. I buy a small package of their chopped liver and add a few things to it at home.



Chopped Liver

1 package of chopped liver from Whole Foods. I used just half of the package, and saved the other half in the freezer.
1 Tbsp cognac, I used Hennessy. Use the best you have on shelf.
1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
1 Tbsp mayonnaise
2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Sprinkles of onion and garlic powder
Sprinkles of cumin
A dash of worcestershire sauce 
A dash of hot sauce
Salt and pepper to taste

In a bowl, combine everything and mix together. Serve it with your choice of crackers or vegetables. Mmm!

I put away half of the packaged chopped liver in the freezer.
Lemon and hard-boiled eggs
Bring out the the best you've got.
I used plain pita chips this time.
Makes a pretty good spread for a sandwich, too.


Easter graphics

Click if you like this post


No comments:

Post a Comment