Saturday, December 15, 2012

Sausage Balls

When I first saw sausage balls on the Internet, I thought they were just my kind of dish because it required a very few steps and ingredients. Then I started reading the reviews and found out how dry they could get. My take on this problem was to add some sour cream. Let's see how they turned out, shall we?


Sour cream helped them being moist inside.


Sausage Balls

1 lb. ground sweet Italian sausage
2 cups Bisquick
8 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 cup low fat sour cream
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp dry parsley
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp paprika



Preheat oven to 350. In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well with your hands. Using an ice cream scoop and make balls. Wet hands with cold water and roll them in your hands to make smooth balls. Lay them on the parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until they are slightly brown and cooked through. 




I think that a little bit of sour cream added tanginess to the sausage balls, too, which I really liked. You can add whatever the herbs and spices to them. I like mine to be a little hot, so I added cayenne, but you can always omit it.



   Click if you like this post


No comments:

Post a Comment