Monday, December 31, 2012

A Search for Authentic Ramen

Christmas came and went. Another year is about to pass. What a whirlwind it has been for us! I am ready to sit down for two seconds and reflect. (or snooze!) I have not had a moment to update my blog for awhile until now. I can share a few pics with y'all. My sister was visiting us for Christmas, and we ventured out for a good bowl of ramen noodles. It was worthy of 45 minutes of driving. 

Honey miso ramen

We've been hearing about this place, Umaido, for a long time but never got a chance to try it out. My sister being here was a good excuse to drive out so far to get this yummy ramen. It made me homesick just a little bit. 


Click if you like this post


4 comments:

  1. This was pretty authentic Kyushu ramen, right? With the non-kinked noodles. Can a good authentic Sapporo ramen be found anywhere in the Atlanta metro?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yakitori Jimbei has pretty good Sapporo style noodles with Tonkotsu soup. Probably the best in town.

      Delete
  2. Did you say 'ya'll' ?? You have been in the South long time :)

    ReplyDelete