Friday, August 22, 2014

Scenes from Hawaii (3)

When we stayed at the Kahala Resort in Hawaii this time, we found some photos and memorabilia from the past. It's good to see some things never change. Thank you for the memories!

The Kahala lobby 50 years ago
The Kahala lobby today
To me, this chandelier in the lobby is the symbol of the Kahala Hotel.
When I see it, I feel at home. I hope they never change it.


Do you have a place where time has been standing still for as long as you can remember? This lobby at the Kahala Resort is that place for me. Every time I step into this very spot, time instantaneously flies back to when I was a seven year-old girl. 
The same glass work throughout the lobby.
I like this retro-modern look.

They had a display of memorabilia from the past. I actually remember some of these items from my childhood. Good times.


I remember the soap. 
Soap dish 
They use a card key now. Technology!

To me, Hawaii always means Kahala, and Kahala always means Hawaii. The place has a sentimental and special meaning to me.


Click if you like this post



No comments:

Post a Comment