Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Oh, Yeah, This is the Stuff

My hubby makes the best Portrait of a Bartender 

Don't we all deserve this after a long day's work?


I really do not have much knowledge in liquor but when my hubby and I discovered this drink called "Portrait of a Bartender" at our favorite restaurant, we just had to know what was in it. My hubby tried to recreate the recipe so many times before getting it just right. I think I like his version of the drink even better, in fact. If you've had a Sazerac in New Orleans, it is sort of like that, but this one is so citrusy and bright in flavor. I never thought I would like whiskey before I met this drink. You don't need a lot, just enough in a double old fashioned glass. Don't put too much orange bitters, you just want a tiny splash. St. Germain adds a pleasant flowery note. Oh, yeah....


No comments:

Post a Comment