Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Sprouted Brown Rice

I have been eating the sprouted brown rice instead of the regular rice. It is not as starchy as the regular rice can be, and sure, I miss that sometimes. But the health benefits outweigh way more than that. I don't have the usual fear of carbs when I eat this rice. A perfect side for any meal.


Rice grains with an opaque sprout attached to them

I actually feel good about eating this rice. Wouldn't you love to eat carbs without much guilt?
Koshihikari brand. One of the best you can get

I've been reading a lot about the sprouted brown rice. When I found it at our local store, I was so excited! Regular brown rice has been ok, but after tasting this, there is no going back!

Check out these numbers!

When the rice grains start sprouting, the whole component of the rice changes for the better because they create the nutrients needed for the grains to grow. 
Sprouted brown rice also has the increased amount of GABA, a kind of amino acid that can help promote healthy brain function. High in fiber and tons of nutrients. What more can you ask for?


No comments:

Post a Comment