Sunday, February 10, 2013

Mini King Cake


When we went out with our friends, I saw on our menu a picture of a cake with a tiny plastic baby sitting on top of it. I was told that it was called the king cake. The little shiny doll represents the baby Jesus during Mardi Gras celebrations, and it's usually baked inside the cake, and whoever gets it has special privileges. I don't mean no disrespect, but I was a bit creeped out by this picture when I first saw it. Maybe it was those tiny arms and legs of the baby or how shiny it was that made my eyebrows crinkled, but soon I was itching to make one myself. 

"Ohh noooo!"
Yellow, green and purple sugar sprinkles

Mini King Cake

1 Pillsbury Grands cinnamon roll dough
Yellow, green and purple sugar sprinkles

Undo it and twist it 

Unroll cinnamon roll dough and fold it in half. Twist the dough as you make a circle with it. Put them on parchment paper and bake according to the package directions. While warm, spread icing and sprinkle colored sugar. Place a baby on the cinnamon rolls.
Recipe adapted from pillsbury.com.

Spread icing and sprinkle sugar while still warm
Set a baby on the roll.
I like variations....

Check out funny bonus photos here!
Bonus Photos 


"Pick me, pick me!"
Babies with six pack abs
Flower babies
Babies taking an icing bath.
"Ohh noooo!"
Caution: choking hazard.



Click if you like this post



4 comments:

  1. I don't know what's in the water you people are drinking over there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You ask because there's a baby growing out of a cinnamon roll or because I sound drunk in this post?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes! It is just as creepy as that. Your brain is asking, " am I crazy or there is something not right about this picture...?"

      Delete