Friday, August 23, 2013

Green Smoothie: Another Recipe

I didn't feel like adding milk to my drink this morning. Sometimes the fat content of milk, any milk, can be a little heavy for my tummy, and I don't like the aftertaste. I just wanted something clean and fresh that's easy to go down.

Tastes light and refreshing

Green Smoothie: Another Recipe

2 cups water
1 apple
1/4 lemon with peel
1/2 cup frozen kale
Handful parsley
3-4 ice cubes
1 Tbsp chia seeds

Blend all except for chia seeds until smooth. Add more water if you'd like lighter consistency. Add chia seeds and stir well. Set aside for a few minutes until the seeds get a bit gelatinous. 

These and a banana. Golden combo for tasty smoothie.
I bought this bag of kale fresh and froze it.
Chia seeds will keep you full.






Click if you like this post


No comments:

Post a Comment