Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Soy Bean Sprouts and Shirataki in Cod Roe Sauce

What I most crave when I'm on a diet is pasta. I miss slurping the noodles. I got a bag of Shirataki noodles and soy bean sprouts and tossed them with a butter sauce full of cod roe. A fake spaghetti dish that will have to do for now.

Coated with cod roe butter sauce

Soy Bean Sprouts and Shirataki in Cod Roe Sauce

1 1/2 cups cooked soy bean sprouts
1 package Shirataki noodles
2 pieces cured cod roe, removed from the casing
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 Tbsp dashi base sauce or regular soy sauce
1 tsp mayonnaise
1/2 tsp konbucha powder
Nori seaweed for garnish

Blanching Shirataki noodles
Soy bean sprouts
Shirodashi sauce
Cured cod roe
Cod roe butter mixture

Blanch bean sprouts and Shirataki noodles for a minute or so to warm them up. In a small bowl, combine melted butter, mayonnaise, konbucha powder, shirodashi sauce, and cod roe and mix well. It will be like a paste at this point. In a bigger bowl, combine the paste and blanched bean sprouts and Shirataki and coat well. Tear up some nori seaweed and sprinkle on top before serving. I got my fix on cod roe spaghetti with bean sprouts and Shirataki noodles. Very satisfying!

Konbucha powder
Tastes exactly like cod roe spaghetti!





Click if you like this post



2 comments:

  1. I have never tried this dish. The ingredients are even kind of weird and unfamiliar which makes it more intriguing. I wonder how it tastes. Guess I'll have to prepare and try it myself. :)
    - MiracleNoodle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried sea urchin pasta? It's kind of like that, but you can actually see individual fish eggs in this sauce. Drizzle just a little soy sauce before serving. It enhances the flavor a notch! Thanks for your comment!

      Delete