Monday, December 30, 2013

Holiday Cream Cheese Spritz

These cookies are by far my favorite Christmas cookies. They remind me of shortbread cookies but softer, and they're not too sweet but a touch tangy from cream cheese. Addictive! Thanks to my new cookie press, I made dozens of them without much effort!
You want them to be pale in color.

Holiday Cream Cheese Spritz

1 cup salted butter (2 sticks), softened at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
2 cups all purpose flour, if you like them to be crispier, add more flour.
8 oz cream cheese, softened at room temperature
1/2 tsp lemon extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
Colored sugar sprinkles

If you have an electric mixer, use it. My arm was not happy after mixing it by hand.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine butter and cream cheese in a bowl and cream it. Add sugar, egg yolk, flour and almond/lemon extract and mix well. Wrap it with a plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Fill the cookie press with cookie dough and press on cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Do not brown. 
My very first time to use the cookie press, and it was not difficult!
Look at all these fancy cutters.
This is the fun part. I don't know why I was so intimidated by it before!
They taste like cheesecake!
Share them with your friends and family.

Christmas santas graphics

I hope Santa was good to y'all this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment