Friday, January 2, 2015

Secret Sushi Place...

Well, it's not so secret anymore. A lot of people have found out about this place already. Sushi House Hayakawa is our best kept secret in Atlanta. It's sort of become our tradition to have this sushi as one year ends and another year is about to begin. 
Yellow tail and Botan Ebi shrimp. 
Taisho, the owner and the chief sushi chef, Mr. Hayakawa.
California sea urchin on the left.
Japanese sea urchin, all the way from Tsukiji, is on the right.

What a clever presentation! We got to try both sea urchin to compare and compliment each other. The California sea urchin is creamy and sweet, the Japanese sea urchin is more briny but delicate. Both delicious.
Ikura, salmon roe. The flavor of my hometown.
"Hey, Taisho!" 
Sake "Dassai."
It's difficult to get hands on this bottle of sake even in Japan now.

This place is a special place where I feel like I'm in my hometown. Mr. Hayakawa happens to be from my hometown, so he can almost "read" what my faves are and what I'm looking for in good sushi.

Many celebrities like Harrison Ford and Paul Walkder (RIP) came here when they were filming in Atlanta. Try this place out the next time you're in town! (Make sure you sit in front of Mr. Hayakawa at the bar, so he makes the sushi for you.)



Click if you like this post


No comments:

Post a Comment