Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Bathroom Renovation Day 18

I almost lost track of how many days we're into this project. Day 18, it is. So they said they'd finish it today. We'll see. 

Cabinets and stuff have been installed.
I asked them to move up the light a few inches.
I'm glad I did, it looks better. Ahh...


I guess I need to repaint this patch. But I am pretty good at painting at this point. I don't mind it. I'm so much happier that we have the light moved in the right place.
We have dimmers!

Dimmers were on our must-list because we didn't want to go to the bathroom at night with blinding light. Yes, everyone needs a dimmer when they get older.


Power outlet, sideways...

We originally wanted a bigger power outlet, but there was just no space for it. We even had to move up the cabinet a bit so there was enough room for this plate. It is indeed a small room...


They had to cut out a little hole to insert the drain pipe. But the drawer still works, so I'm ok with that. There's still room for cleaners and such in there. Sometimes, using new vanities in old house can pause challenges like this.

The drain pipe was so old, it crumbled when they tried to tighten.

I'm glad that they have found the old crumbling drain pipe at this point, since I don't want to be the one to be left with a water disaster in the middle of the night. I'm hoping that we don't have to replace the entire pipes anytime soon. We have to see about that.

Glass doors are in.
This is where you go into the tub. Seems small.
Are we going to fit there ok?
Looks really pretty. I hope it's practical as well.

They couldn't quite finish it today. The vanity gave them unexpected extra work because of the old water pipes, and putting up these glass doors was apparently quite challenging. One of their power drills was fried because these ceramic tiles are very hard. (And they had to make nine holes!) They sure did a wonderful job, though.

This is how it looks at the end of today. It's all coming together.



Construction workers graphics

Also read...

Click if you like this post


1 comment:

  1. Well, so far, so good. I really like the color scheme that you used there. It's very grounded and earthy, yet sleek enough to ease people into taking their time in it. That's just about right. Kudos to you for a job well done!

    Grady Schwartz @ iDesign

    ReplyDelete