Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Natto Curry Masago Bowl

I have to admit; some toppings for bowls just do not sound appetizing. But those unconventional topping combos are often the best ones. This bowl has always been one of my favorites, but I was a bit embarrassed about it because it's not, what's the word I'm looking for... elegant. Even my hubby doesn't know of this existence because I've never eaten it in front of him. Frankly, I think he would be slightly taken aback but mostly amused just like when I eat those fish sausages in front of him. For those of you who are brave enough to venture out into this territory, welcome aboard!

The crunch of the fish eggs is the key.

Natto Curry Masago Bowl

1 cup cooked rice
1 package Natto, fermented soy beans
2 Tbsp curry, I had some leftover...
1 tsp Masago, fish eggs

In a bowl with cooked rice, place curry, Natto and fish eggs, in this order. (So at least it looks somewhat presentable.) And if you want to be extra baaad and adventurous, add a little bit of butter on top.


Mix 'em up before you eat it. It's messy and good!

Here are more bowls I made. Check them out!



Click if you like this post


2 comments: