Saturday, April 28, 2012

It's Me or the Ants

A cold snap has come and gone. Or our uncle Carroll might call it blackberry winter. I'm ready to get our garden prepared for the vegetables. My late father-in-law had made us a huge raised vegetable garden a couple years ago. I started weeding the garden yesterday and found a bunch of ants crawling all over it! After some research, I decided to sprinkle cornmeal, club soda, and artificial sweetener with aspartame. I heard they work individually, but I don't know if they work together. But I wanted to give those pesky bugs a triple whammy!  

You can see the white dust of cornmeal and aspartame

I poured 2 big bottles of club soda in the garden yesterday. I didn't see any ants this morning but wanted to make sure they are not lurking around in the soil.


Ants would eat them and EXPLODE with cornmeal

Italian parsley, bay leaf and basil


Click if you like this post


No comments:

Post a Comment