Sunday, April 29, 2012

Royal Milk Tea

I just recently discovered that the term 'royal milk tea' is a made-up word in Japan, and that you cannot order it as such in England. If you go to Japan, everyone knows what royal milk tea is, though. It is a kind of concoction that's made with rather strong tea and mixed with lots of milk. I like it with earl gray. When I have to get up really early and be required to focus, I have this tea. One of those mornings that I am repeating to myself, "I don't think I can do this today.... but I've got to... wake up, wake up, wake up!"  This tea is invigorating and comforting at the same time. 


"His Royal Highness" in the background

You can make the tea like you always do and add milk. But today, I dropped a tea bag in a pot of milk and warmed it for a while. Bring it down to the room temp and add crushed ice and stevia syrup and blend it until it is frothy. You can experiment with different kinds of milk. I used almond milk this time. It tastes good cold, too. 

Coincidentally, today is the 1st wedding anniversary for the Royal couple Prince William and Princess Kate! Congrats!

Click if you like this post


1 comment: