Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Pear, Banana and Black Sesame Seeds Shake

Black sesame seeds add extra nuttiness

We are on our detox diet after weeks of feeding on hamburgers and vending machine foods. I don't mind eating the detox soup for a week, but I do crave some variety. Today is our third day on the detox soup, so we can eat any vegetables and fruits in addition to the soup. So I made this shake. It was my first time to use the small blender which I purchased a while ago. It was kind of fun. Hey, I think I can get into this.


Pear, Banana and Black Sesame Seeds Shake

1 cup almond milk
1 pear
1/2 banana
1 Tbsp black sesame seeds
1 tsp honey
Splash of lemon
1/4 crushed ice
Garnish with mint

Originally I wanted to make it with strawberries. But they have turned into a science project. Pear has a nice aroma that compliments the almond flavor very well. 


Click if you like this post


1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to some more of these! (...I'll make them myself, since the recipe is right here)

    ReplyDelete