Friday, April 27, 2012

Cucumber Salad with Jalapeño Peppers

Sweet and tangy with heat

This salad was a hit. I wanted to make it with cucumbers with red onions, but I was out of the onions. So I looked into the fridge to see what I could use and found a jar of pickled banana peppers and a jar of pickled jalapeño peppers. I thought, hmm, this could work.... Put some fennel seeds in the vinegar and set aside for a few minutes to infuse it with the nice aroma. Toss it with some feta cheese and you are good to go. 

Cucumber Salad with Jalapeño Peppers

1/2 English cucumber
4-5 radish
1 Tbsp pickled jalapeño peppers with some pickling juice
1 Tbsp pickled banana peppers with some pickling juice
Feta cheese, however much you like
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
3 Tbsp rice wine vinegar

It would make a good side for your fried foods or grilled meats.

Click if you like this post


1 comment:

  1. You got a witness to that right here! I brought the remainder of it with me for lunch, I loved it so much yesterday!

    ReplyDelete