Thursday, August 16, 2012

Fried Pork Cutlet and Shiso with Pickled Plum Aioli

Use Japanese panko to coat the pork chops for the nice crispy texture. I had the purple cabbage cole slaw I made the other day on the side. The sauce has more of the fragrant shiso leaves as well as the pickled plum. 

Specks of shiso in the sauce
They make great sandwiches, too!

Fried Pork Cutlet And Shiso With Pickled Plum Aioli

6 sliced pork chops
Flour for dredging
2 eggs, beaten
4 cups panko
Salt and pepper

Pickled Plum Aioli:
3 Tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp pickled plum paste
1/4 cups fresh shiso leaves
1 tsp sake
1/2 Tbsp agave nectar
1 tsp lemon juice

Salt and pepper the pork. Lay a few leaves of shiso on each pork cutlet and dredge them with flour. Dip them in beaten eggs and coat with panko. Fry them in canola oil.

For the aioli, blend all the ingredients and blend well in blender. Adjust the amount of pickled plum since they can be very salty. I think the sauce goes better with the pork if it's not too salty. Balance it with agave nectar and see what you like.


Click if you like this post

3 comments:

  1. I'm gonna leave work early for this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks good!! I like to join you!!
      Yuko

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Yuko, for checking out my blog! It was nice to hear from you. Check back often and see what else may be going on in my house! Please join me as a follower! Do you have a google account? You may need to make one if you don't already. Look forward to seeing you on my blog! Love you!!

      Delete