Thursday, July 5, 2012

Eggplants in Spicy Miso Dressing

With all the eggplants I harvested yesterday, I made one of my favorites. I made this a bit spicy with crushed red chili peppers, but it also tastes good with fresh serrano peppers or jalapeño peppers. You can eat this cold as an accompaniment to your drink like a cold glass of sake or white wine, or serve warm as a side dish. I love eating this as a topping for my warm white rice.

Green bell pepper is also from our garden

Eggplants In Spicy Miso Dressing

4 eggplants cut in bite sizes
1 green bell pepper cut in bite sizes
1 1/2 Tbsp miso paste
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 Tbsp mirin
1 Tbsp soy sauce
3 Tbsp sake
Pinch crushed red chili pepper
1/2 tsp grated ginger
1/4 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp sesame seeds
2 Tbsp canola oil

Heat oil in a frying pan. Add ginger and red chili pepper. Toss in eggplants and green peppers to coat well with oil and sauté until slightly soft, about 3 minutes. Add mixture of miso paste, soy sauce, sake, sugar and mirin to the pan and continue cooking until all the vegetables are coated with the sauce. Add sesame oil and top off with sesame seeds.


Click if you like this post


No comments:

Post a Comment