Tuesday, October 9, 2012

One Eyed Marble Rye Toast with a Patch

Don't you love the name for this dish?

I love rye bread. I love runny eggs. So this is just an inevitable combination for my breakfast. It is named "with a patch" because I also grilled the round cut-out disc that looks like an eye patch. Crispy outside, slightly chewy inside and smothered with a runny egg.... How can anyone resist it? It tastes great, but really, it's about the texture.

Use a biscuit cutter for a clean-cut eye patch
Grill the bread lightly first before dropping an egg
Here is the eye patch. Sprinkle lightly with good salt.

I found that it's better to grill the bread with butter in medium heat for a few minutes before dropping an egg. It only takes two minutes the most for the egg to be runny like I want, so grilling the bread and the egg together from the start would overcook the egg. Drop an egg and leave it for a minute, flip the bread and continue grilling for 30 seconds or so. Top it off with paprika, parsley, salt and pepper. Clean up the runny egg on your plate with the eye patch!


Click if you like this post




No comments:

Post a Comment