Sunday, October 14, 2012

Smoked Salmon Hash Casserole

Ready for brunch?

When I am feeling inspired, I am ready to cook. Just as soon as I got up this morning, I asked my hubby to go get milk from the store so I could start making this casserole I've been contemplating on. Poor guy didn't even have a cup of coffee yet.
I used the Scottish smoked salmon this time.
Cream cheese, eggs and milk
I prefer the shredded kind, but this works fine.
The casserole mixture
Make this condiment while the casserole is in the oven.
Our dog, the food police.


Smoked Salmon Hash Casserole

1 bag Simply Potatoes Hash Browns
4 eggs
3 oz. low fat cream cheese
4 oz. smoked salmon, chopped
1/4 cup green onions, diced
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup skim milk
1 Tbsp dill, chopped
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
Zest of one lemon
1/3 cup fat free Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp prepared horseradish
Dash hot sauce
Dash worcestershire sauce





Preheat the oven to 375. In food processor, combine cream cheese, eggs and milk and pulse till well blended. Combine the mixture with a bag of hash potatoes, chopped smoked salmon, green onions, dill, lemon zest, paprika, salt and pepper and mix well. Transfer the mixture into a Pam-sprayed 11x9 casserole dish. Sprinkle more parmesan on top and bake for 40 minutes.
In a small cup, mix yogurt, horseradish, hot sauce, worcestershire sauce and dill and serve it on the side of the casserole.
Recipe loosely adapted from Cooking.com.


Click if you like this post








No comments:

Post a Comment