Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Mom's Natto Cheese Omelette

When I was a teenager, I really didn't have the time to eat breakfast. I spent all of my time fixing my hair perfectly and had to make it to school in time. But I always took a glance at the dining table to see if my mother had made this omelette. My version has a little bit of mayo in the egg mixture so it will be extra fluffy. Try that trick!

This flavor combo will pleasantly surprise you.

Mom's Natto Cheese Omelette

2 eggs
1 package natto
Handful of shredded mozzarella cheese or 2 Tbsp of cream cheese
1 Tbsp butter
2 tsp mayonnaise
1 tsp aonori seaweed flakes, it's fragrant almost like a herb.
Salt and pepper to taste

Natto, fermented soy beans
Seaweed flakes...
Looks like this...
Eggs with mayo and seaweed flakes

Mix natto with a touch of soy sauce until slimy. In a bowl, crack eggs and add mayonnaise, seaweed flakes, salt and pepper. Whisk well. Pour the egg mixture in the warm (med to med-hi) skillet with melted butter and make an omelette. I like mine almost runny inside. While the eggs are still cooking, add natto and cheese in the middle of the skillet and fold the egg. Transfer to a plate. 

Gently fold it and cover the stuffing
Transfer on the plate while flipping it over.
 Just take your time.


Who could imagine that there is a gooey slimy mess inside this omelette?






Click if you like this post





2 comments:

  1. Uhhh... this little omelette looks YUMMY as heck, Michi! Sorry we missed out on our appt. this weekend, we are all healing slowly but surely... Maybe some awesome breakfast items like this for dinner would be THE thing to DO!! Later Tator - Jud

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jud! Hope you guys feel better soon!

      Delete