Saturday, June 9, 2012

Shirley Temple

When I first had a glass of ginger ale, it was at a hotel in Hawaii, I was about 8 years old. The bartender thought I was bored out of my mind being with all the adults who were drinking at the lobby. He gave me a glass of ginger ale in a tall glass just like this one, and I could drink it with all these grown ups who were dressed up to go out. It left such an impression on me. I think it was just a glass of ginger ale then, but Shirley Temple was created for children who are with the grown ups who are drinking, so they can drink with them, only it is non alcoholic. When I heard about this drink, I thought about that night at the lobby in Hawaii. Along with the ginger ale, I think Shirley Temple will become my sentimental drink.

Here is a drink for the kid inside you

Shirley Temple

1/2 lime juiced
5 oz ginger ale
Seltzer water to top off
Dash of grenadine syrup
Maraschino cherry if you have them, I used grapes

Fill the tall glass half way with ice cubes. Mix all the ingredients in the glass and stir. You can substitute ginger ale for Sprite. Garnish with a Maraschino cherry.


Click if you like this post


No comments:

Post a Comment