Thursday, June 21, 2012

Broccoli in Japanese Mustard Sauce

This is a recipe my sister first introduced to me. Ever since, I get the craving for this dish when it gets hot outside. It is a perfect cold side dish in a hot summer day. I'd like to keep them in the fridge so I can snack on them when I get hungry. Spicy Japanese karashi mustard clears your palate and sinuses! Make sure to serve them really cold.

Make it as spicy as you can take it


Broccoli In Japanese Mustard Sauce

1 bunch broccoli cut in bite sizes
1 Tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp Japanese karashi mustard (in tube)
1/2 tsp sake
1/2 tsp white sesame seeds

Cook broccoli in boiling water about 3-4 minutes. There should be still some bite to them. Shock the broccoli in iced water. Drain and cool in the fridge to dry off excess water. In a bowl, combine soy sauce, mustard, sake and sesame seeds and whisk until the mustard is completely dissolved. Toss the chilled broccoli in the sauce. Serve chilled.
Recipe courtesy of Sister K.


Click if you like this post

No comments:

Post a Comment