Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Frozen City

Yesterday's storm completely paralyzed Atlanta. I have never seen anything like it. People have been stranded in traffic for 20 hours, some abandoned their cars, others could not come home last night. Not until the times like this do I think about how depended we are on driving. I wish we had subway systems in Atlanta....

Imagine being in this for 20 hours.
Abandoning their car and walking on the Interstate...
Gridlock on the Interstates in Atlanta shown in red. This lasted for many hours.
Abandoned truck in our front yard.

A guy knocked on our door last night and asked me if he could just leave his truck in our front yard because he couldn't get up on the hilly street. He had to walk to wherever he had to from here. It was 12 degrees outside. I don't know when he can come back for his truck. It doesn't look promising out there this morning, either.


Snowmen graphics


Click if you like this post


No comments:

Post a Comment