Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Chocolate Whiskey Pecan Pie

The food police on duty...

What? Me? Bake a pie? It's usually my hubby's department to bake pies, but I got this wonderful recipe from our friend Laura. My hubby is going to be surprised to see a pie sitting on the kitchen counter when he comes home. What? Chocolate? Whiskey? Pecans? Got your attention, didn't I?

Georgia Pecans


Chocolate Whiskey Pecan Pie

1 cup light corn syrup
3/4 cup light brown sugar
4 Tbsp melted unsalted butter
3 eggs
2 Tbsp whiskey
1/4 tsp kosher salt

2 cups pecan halves
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips


My pie crust was a little too shallow....
You can imagine the mess I made on the cookie sheet.

Preheat oven to 350. Whisk together the first 6 ingredients. Fold in the pecans and chocolate chips. Pour into unbaked 9 inch pie crust and bake until the center is set but still slightly wobbly, 40-50 minutes. Let cool.
Recipe adapted from Real Simple magazine.
Special thanks to Jim and Laura. 





Click if you like this post

No comments:

Post a Comment