Friday, November 9, 2012

Chow Mein Rolls

Eat with plenty of vegetables.

When I'm craving bread and noodles, I don't go under great mental anguish trying to avoid them but just enjoy them. A lot of people are on the low carb diet. I know I have to ask myself hard before eating carbs if I really want them. Don't be so hard on yourself! If you have a carb attack, have some fiber with it. It will slow down the insulin spike which is the negative effect of eating carbs. Use whole grains, add vegetables, eat in moderation. That way, you don't feel deprived. That's the ticket!


Spicy edamame and cabbage slaw

I had leftover Chinese chow mein in the fridge, so I made a chow mein roll. Carbs wrapped by carbs. A carb lover's dream!! Don't forget to eat your veges first to help slow down the insulin spike!


Chicken chow mein on a whole wheat hot dog bun


Spicy Edamame And Cabbage Slaw

1 cup cabbage, shredded
2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
2 Tbsp green onion, chopped
1/3 cup edamame
2 Tbsp seasoned rice wine vinegar
1/2 tsp sesame chili oil
Dash Japanese chili pepper, optional
In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well. Chill in the fridge for an hour so all the flavors are married. 



Click if you like this post

No comments:

Post a Comment