Monday, November 12, 2012

Yorkshire Pudding

With lamb stew...

Ever since I came across a picture of Yorkshire pudding on the Internet, I've been wanting to eat one or make one. So when I saw a box of Yorkshire pudding mix at a little British store in town, I was ecstatic! What makes those little rolls to invert in the middle? How cute are those little rolls! Those Brits did it right!


Melted butter and the pudding mix

I made lamb stew earlier just for these little rolls. Traditionally, you eat them with prime rib, but lamb stew was delicious with them. The little hole holds warm stew, soaking up the goodness while the raised edge of the Yorkshire pudding remains flaky. 

A hearty warm meal for a cold evening

Since I didn't have the beef drippings like the traditional recipe called for, I used a teaspoon of melted butter in each muffin cup, and they turned out beautifully. Maybe I'll try making them from the scratch next time.

The edges are raised and the center is buttery.
The Brits call them puds.

A box of this mix makes 12 little puds. Make a big pot of stew to go with them!



Click if you like this post


No comments:

Post a Comment