Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Funky Anime App for Foodies

I found this app the other day when I was doing my usual browsing. It allows you to give your food pictures the look of the Japanese comic book series named "Kodoku no Gurume," which I would translate to "The Lone Foodie."

This app will make your ordinary food look more enticing.

The main character in the books, Goro, is a middle-aged Japanese businessman who goes to lunch alone in Tokyo. He goes alone and eats alone, hence the name "The Lone Foodie." For many businessmen, lunch time is a little relief away from the harsh office environment. The food he eats and restaurants he goes to exist in reality in Tokyo. He eats his lunch with stoic reactions, and the readers are drawn to what he's eating.

He eats at real restaurants in Tokyo.

The comic books became hugely popular in Japan, even made into a TV series, and people started flocking to the restaurants where Goro had gone in the books. They want to have the same experiences as the character. The only thing is that the books are only written in Japanese, but the last I heard, the publisher is planning to translate them into English as well. I'm hoping that the same app will be available in English some day.

Goro is an ordinary Japanese Businessman.

I gave the app a try to see how it works myself. I used a picture of chili I made last night. 

Jalapeño chili with parmesan crisps
Our dog says, "Hmm, smells delicious."

In the comic book style...
Goro says, "Hmm, looks delicious."


Cool! I like this app! If you are interested, you can download the app here


Click if you like this post


No comments:

Post a Comment