Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Nutty Green Smoothie

I have to admit that some of my green smoothies were not as tasty as I'd hoped. Balancing out the bitterness of the greens can be tricky. But this one I made this morning was a happy accident. Delicious, in fact. 

Peanut butter and pear make it creamy.

Nutty Green Smoothie
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup water
2 Tbsp Greek yogurt
1 pear
1/2 orange, with a small sliver of peel
1/3 cup frozen kale
Handful parsley
A few leaves of basil
1 Tbsp peanut butter
A few ice cubes to keep it all nice and cold

I basically put lots of fruits and peanut butter in it. But I didn't forget to include parsley and kale, either. Basil and orange made it taste surprisingly fresh, and the peanut butter gave it the comforting familiar flavor. Yum. I might actually save a little bit for my hubby to taste! He'll like it.

These are what went into our Blendtec this morning. Colorful!
Our dog is in the usual position...


Peanut butter makes everything all right.


Click if you like this post


No comments:

Post a Comment