Thursday, June 26, 2014

Another Way to Eat Broccoli

I often blanch broccoli with salt and olive oil until al dente and keep in the fridge for later use. Sometimes I just munch on it as a snack. My dog also loves it as a treat: as soon as I start blanching the broccoli, he comes running to the kitchen!



Broccoli with Seasoned Seaweed and Masago

1/2 cup blanched broccoli florets
1 tsp seasoned seaweed, Gohandesuyo, see below for the picture
1 Tbsp masago fish roe. Can you tell I'm trying to use it up?


That's it for the ingredients. How easy is that? Just combine all in a small bowl to coat the florets and voila! It satisfies my craving for Japanese food without going over my daily intake of rice and noodles. Just love the crunch from the masago fish roe!

Blanched earlier and chilled in the fridge.

When I blanch broccoli, I use lots of salt and good olive oil in the water. After draining, a trace of olive oil coats the florets just slightly. The smell of the olive oil is appetizing.

Seasoned with soy sauce: sweet and savory.
This black paste is what Gohandesuyo looks like out of the jar.
Masago fish roe
Just mix them up and serve!
No cooking needed other than blanching the broccoli.


Hello kitty graphics




No comments:

Post a Comment