Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Avocado Broccoli Soup

The personal blender I've been using to make smoothies is wonderful for making small portioned soup. I used what I had in my fridge; blanched broccoli, parsley, skim milk and yogurt. So I didn't have to cook anything special for this soup. How is that for simple cooking?

Food police on duty.

Personal blender. Convenient for a small meal.

Avocado Broccoli Soup

1 cup skim milk
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup non fat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup blanched broccoli florets
1/2 avocado
1 Tbsp parsley
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp parmesan cheese

Leftover broccoli
Yogurt, olive oil and avocado

Blend all until smooth. Avocado and olive oil act like thickening agents. Garnish with diced fresh avocado and drizzle good quality olive oil. I like to serve it chilled.

Good olive oil and fresh avocado for garnish brighten up the flavor.


Click if you like this post




No comments:

Post a Comment