Friday, May 10, 2013

Egg En Cocotte

I had leftover spinach that had been blanched earlier and chilled in the fridge. What can I do with that? How about egg en cocotte? Egg en cocotte is just a fancy way of saying a cooked egg in a ramekin. An ordinary dish could look fancy when it's made in this bakeware. There are variety of ways of making this dish. Be creative!
Dip your toast points. I had toasted bagel thins.
How cute is this mini cocotte! Thanks, sis!

Egg En Cocotte

1 egg
2 Tbsp cooked spinach
2 Tbsp cheese, any kind, I had cheddar and mozzarella in fridge
1 Tbsp chopped smoked salmon
1/2 tsp bacon bits
Capers, optional
1 tsp mayonnaise
Salt and pepper to taste

Spinach, smoked salmon, capers and an egg.
Mayonnaise makes it yummy.
Assembly done!

Place a layer of blanched spinach on the bottom of a ramekin. Add chopped smoked salmon and capers on top, and gently crack an egg in the middle. Put a dollop of mayonnaise on the egg, sprinkle with cheese and bacon bits. Put the ramekin in a toaster oven until the cheese is melted and golden brown. Serve with toast points.

Smoked salmon and spinach in a cheesy runny egg.
Who says you can't have fancy breakfast by yourself?

I like my egg to be on the runny side, so I leave it in the oven for 7-8 minutes at 350 and broil it for 1 minute just to brown the top. But you can adjust the time so your egg is just how you like. With a toaster oven, just when the cheese is browning is when the egg is just right for me, which is about 5-6 minutes. The egg continues to cook in the cocotte out of the oven, so I'd take it out earlier than later.



Click if you like this post



No comments:

Post a Comment