Thursday, October 9, 2014

Bathroom Renovation Final Day

Our bathroom is renewed! Done! Finished! Overall, I'm happy with it. I have to say that looking at the design on the paper/computer is never quite the same when it's actually put together. This is why my anxiety has been quite high throughout the construction, and I had the hardest time trusting our design choices.

Sliding glass door was installed today.
They said drilling holes into the tiles was hard!
That's a pretty cozy corner...
I like the glass tile accent on the wall.
We finally have enough room to dry ourselves off without bumping into anything.
New sliding door to the bathroom.
I could see myself searching for a door knob in the middle of the night....

In the end, though, the bathroom looks 100 times better than what it used to be. We have more room to dry ourselves off, and we don't have to stand on crooked and jagged tiles in the shower anymore. Every little thing in there is exactly what we picked. Seeing those items put together in front of my eyes was really satisfying and scary at the same time.

I love the goose neck.

These glass shelves were made for the inside the shower, but we decided we'd have more use of them outside the shower next to the vanity. Turned out they looked just fine outside the shower. 

Love the floor.

Over time, even these things will get outdated and worn out, and we'd find them to be unpractical. And we'd go through this process all over again. 


When you open the sliding door, this is what you see.
Our contractor told us that we couldn't hang a towel holder on the wall because of the sliding door in the wall. No towels in the bathroom?? Then I thought of a vertical swivel towel bars. There's just enough room for that. I'll post it when we get it.

Empty wall.
Would have been a perfect place for a towel holder....

This project is one of our first major projects for this house, and I must say, we have survived it ok. Even if it's not perfect. 

Dance party hard reaction gifs
Time to celebrate!

Also read...

Click if you like this post


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. We'll see if it's easy to use...The bath tub is a bit too deep/tall for me. I had to get a stool!

      Delete