Monday, November 18, 2013

Presto Pressure Cooker

I don't know why I had resisted getting a pressure cooker for so long. I guess in my mind it was a luxury item, and I thought I could cook anything without it if I tried hard enough. But now that I have one, I can't imagine cooking without it. This kabocha was cooked perfectly in a few minutes without being soggy! 


Pressure Cooker Kabocha Pumpkin with Coconut Peanut Butter Glaze

1 lb. Kabocha pumpkin, cut in chunks about 3 inches long
1 cup water
1 Tbsp butter, melted
Salt to taste
Kabocha pumpkin. You can eat the skin, too.

Coconut Peanut Butter Glaze:
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup water
1 Tbsp peanut butter
1/2 tsp honey, optional
Dash of powdered ginger and cinnamon
Splash of lemon juice

I dipped slices of apples in this for a snack. Soooo good!

Combine pumpkin and water in a pressure cooker, put the lid on, turn the heat to high. As soon as you start hearing the whistling, turn off the heat. Let the pressure cooker do the work for 3-5 minutes. Release the rest of the pressure from the pressure regulator and open the lid. Take them out and pour over melted butter.

Hoku hoku!
Japanese word to describe warm, fluffy and crumbly yumminess
.

For the coconut peanut butter glaze, combine all of the ingredients and reduce until it thickens slightly. Drizzle over cooked pumpkin.
Presto pressure cooker. LOVE!

Pumpkins smileys


Click if you like this post


No comments:

Post a Comment