Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Breaded Pork Cutlet Curry

Here's another Japanese staple dish that I can share. You love curry, and you love breaded pork cutlets, why not combine them in one dish? I used a piece of leftover pork cutlet and a very convenient, pre-made cube of curry roux that's portioned for just one person. I didn't have to make a big pot of curry just to enjoy it by myself.


Who says you have to choose?


Breaded Pork Cutlet Curry

1 piece breaded pork cutlet (see the recipe here)
1 package curry roux
1/4 cup mushroom, bell peppers, whatever you like, chopped
1 tsp olive oil
1 cup water
1 cup cooked rice

My sister sent this to me from Japan.
You can make curry for just one person. Love these!!
I happened to use mushroom and bell peppers. You can use whatever you like.
Stir well until the roux dissolves completely.
I get lots of mileage out of these!

Sauté chopped vegetables in olive oil. Add water and bring to a boil. Turn the heat to low and toss in a cube of curry roux and stir well. On a dinner plate with a bed of cooked rice, place sliced pork cutlet and pour over curry. 






Click if you like this post

2 comments: