Friday, March 16, 2012

Natto for Breakfast

Natto and avocado bowl
Sometimes I just have to have a bowl of rice in the morning. It's how I grew up, and it's my comfort food. Top it with nori, and just a little bit of soy sauce will complete the dish. A surprising green flavor and the butter like creaminess of avocado come through in this dish. 


Stir till really stringy
Only need 2 Tbsp of avocado

I used to love mixing natto with butter to top my bowl of rice. Avocado is a nice and healthier alternative to butter. You get a good amount of protein, fiber, and monounsaturated fat and vitamins from this dish. Super food!

This is what it looks like after mixing the two

I used the sprouting brown rice, a healthier alternative to the regular rice. You can eat this dish as a rice bowl as shown in the picture, but it is also great by itself. Have a glass of Sapporo beer when you eat it by itself, though! 
Recipe courtesy of Sister M.


Natto and Avocado Bowl

1 cup cooked rice
1 package natto
2 Tbsp avocado smashed
Soy sauce
Nori for garnish


Click if you like this post

No comments:

Post a Comment