Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Devoured Tiger Lily

A few of my Tiger lilies have been eaten by someone. By someone, I mean squirrels. Maybe chipmunks. I was delighted to see the Tiger lilies already starting to bud out; it's a lot earlier than last year. So when I discovered the torn leaves with no bulbs attached to them, I was rather annoyed. I grabbed a bottle of red chili peppers from the kitchen and sprinkled on the planters. Luckily there are still some left untouched. I hope the rest will all make it to blooming season.

Tiger lilies. They ate and ran!
You can almost see their tooth marks.
See the red chili peppers? Come and get them if you dare!
Kurume azalea by the bird feeder is blooming now.

I like Kurume azaleas because they are compact but the intensely colored flowers just cover up the entire shrub. You can hardly see the leaves on this one because the flowers are covering them up.



Click if you like this post



No comments:

Post a Comment