Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Blocked Tear Duct?

Our dog has been having an issue with his eye. There is swelling on the corner of his left eye, and I could see eye discharge building up. I took him to the vet who prescribed him antibiotic which didn't seem to help much. So I did some research. (I'm good at research.) I still don't know what he has, but I thought eye wash couldn't hurt. I read the review on this product and how it helped their dogs, so I decided to give it a try. 

Swelling on the corner of his eye

It's Cloud Nine herbal eye wash from HALO. I've been hearing good things about this company. It comes with two solutions, one for opening the tear duct, the other is for cleansing it. I have to keep them fresh in the fridge, which I like because I know they have no preservatives. Three drops in each eye twice a day for three days, then use the other solution the same way. After a couple of cycles, his eye started to clear and the swelling has gone down a bit. 

You make the solution by diluting it in a bigger bottle.

He doesn't seem to mind the eye wash, either. I also apply a warm towel compress on his eye. I bet his eyes feel better after the spa-treatment! I think I'm going to continue this a little longer to see how he does.

"Who said I'm high-maintenance?"


Click if you like this post




No comments:

Post a Comment