Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Honey Cornbread Muffins

Sweet cornbread muffins drizzled with honey

Inside the muffins...fresh corn kernels

That's too many muffins for Mom and Dad

To accompany the chili I made yesterday, I decided to make cornbread muffins. I like my cornbread to be moist and on the sweeter side. I added fresh corn kernels to add the real corn flavor and crunch. Obviously, I made too many muffins. My dog has a very concerned look.

Honey Cornbread Muffins

2 cups self-rising cornmeal
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 stick butter, melted
1/4 cup honey
1/4 light brown sugar
2 Tbsp granulated sugar, optional
1/2 tsp salt
1 ear corn, kernels shaved off

Preheat oven to 400. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl, including corn kernels. Mix the wet ingredients in another bowl. Add dry and wet mixtures and stir until well combined. Fill the Pam-sprayed muffin pans 3/4 full and bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool at least 15 minutes and remove from the pans. 

Click if you like this post

No comments:

Post a Comment