Sunday, May 20, 2012

Vegetable Garden Updates (2)

I found more sprouts of shiso leaves and shishito peppers coming out in the planters today. We have one red bell pepper plant and one green bell pepper plant in the big raised garden. The red bell pepper plant had flowers this morning.

Red bell pepper plant

I almost forgot to mention that we got a couple of cucumber and okra plants, too. They are planted in the smaller raised garden. I always get okra because they are so easy to grow and resistant to heat. But I never had a good luck in growing cucumbers. Maybe I will pay a bit more attention to them this year. I am also planning to transplant some of the shishito pepper plants in here when they get big enough to move from the planter.


Pinwheels to keep those pesky animals out

You can see the cucumber plants on the left row and the okra plants on the right row.

Click if you like this post

No comments:

Post a Comment