Friday, May 11, 2012

Starting Something New

What are these for??

I have been thinking about making jewelry with glass beads and crystals. I would not normally be that patient nor would my dexterity be enough to be a jeweler, but a little while ago, I saw this beautiful hair stick with lamp beads, and I just had to buy one of them. The lamp beads made me think of Japan, and I was really drawn to the design. Something about that design that was so different from the sensibility in the jewelry I'd come to expect. And I had a new respect for jewelry making, just like that. So it began. I stopped by at a local craft store and got myself a kit to start learning about jewelry making. 

You can see some lamp beads

So many tiny metal parts that could get lost

For a long time, I just talked about this scheme of mine to my hubby. One month passed, two months passed, and I still didn't start. Time and again, I still felt like doing this, but wanted to wait to see if I would change my mind for some reason. For now, I just want to make what I would want to wear myself. It is nice to be in that creative mode; it feels like I am back in college. 

My very first handmade earrings


Click if you like this post

2 comments: