Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Matcha Rice Crispy Treats

Ever since we had a piece of chocolate rice crispy treat as our road nutrition on the way home from Arkansas, I've been wanting to make the homemade rice crispy treats. I made them with the gluten-free Rice Krispy cereal and flavored them with matcha. I don't know why I had to choose the gluten-free cereal when I am using the marshmallows that are full of bad stuff anyway. But I guess I attempted to think healthy. Maybe the benefits of matcha would cancel the bad stuff out! The end product was quite delicious, so it's all good. 

My dog inspects everything I eat
Cooling down on the counter....

Matcha Rice Crispy Treats

3 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp matcha, I used 2 Tbsp this time but I could use a little less the next time
4 cups marshmallows
6 cups rice crispy

Melt the butter and add matcha and stir till nicely incorporated. Add marshmallows and melt till smooth. Turn off the heat. Toss in rice crispy and mix well. Transfer to a casserole dish and pat it down. A silicone spatula works well without sticking too much. Cool at least 30 minutes.


Store it in the freezer after opening to keep it fresh



Click if you like this post

No comments:

Post a Comment