Monday, March 12, 2012

Fried Catfish Delight

Fried catfish, fried okra, and green beans

Pickled green tomatoes

When I visit Arkansas, there is no excuse for not eating the fried catfish. If there is only one thing I can choose to eat in Arkansas, it would be this. There are many restaurants in Arkansas that serve excellent fried catfish. But I love the restaurant called the Fish House in Conway, Arkansas where my hubby used to go as a child. I enjoy listening to his childhood stories as I bite into the crunchy catfish. I still haven't been able to find a restaurant in Atlanta that serves the fried catfish as good as this one. The cornmeal batter is light and crispy, and the catfish is fluffy. The plate comes with a slice of raw onion and a pickle. A fresh basket of hushpuppies and the tangy pickled green tomatoes are very nice starters. And their famous lemon-limeade that they serve fresh is not to be missed. Thanks for feeding us! We'll be back!

Kids have always loved their lemon-limeade


Click if you like this post


No comments:

Post a Comment