Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Fried Chicken Liver

Add Pecorino Romano cheese on top
My vice is the love of fried food. Fried chicken, country fried streak, onion rings, French fries, tempura, tontatsu.... This fried chicken liver, especially, is something I can't get my mind off. A thought of it flashes in my head, and I just have to make it. I can't think about my diet at that moment. My sister likes to eat it at the local restaurant we love. Maybe she can try my version sometime. It's a southern thing. But I have a Japanese and Italian twist to it.

Fried Chicken Liver

1lb chicken liver
2 cups buttermilk
2 Tbsp Louisiana hot sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp grated ginger
Self rising flour
Canola oil for frying
Salt and pepper
Pecorino cheese or Parmesan cheese

Wash the chicken liver gently and soak it in a bowl of cold water for 15 minutes. In another bowl, combine buttermilk, hot sauce, soy sauce, salt, pepper and grated ginger. Drain the chicken liver and soak it in the buttermilk mixture for 15 minutes. Dredge it in the flour and fry it in oil until golden brown. About 5 minutes. If in doubt, fry it a minute longer. Salt and pepper while still hot. Sprinkle with Pecorino Romano. It tastes good cold, too. Yum. By the way, the combination of the chicken liver and the cheese drives my dog crazy.


No comments:

Post a Comment