Saturday, March 3, 2012

Gadget Envy

A few weeks ago, I got so psyched about making my own fresh fruit and vegetable drinks. I felt quite limited in my cooking for not having a juicer or a blender, and I wanted them for quite some time. After a long research, I decided to get them. Finally, I can make some awesome drinks with these gadgets! But now they are sitting on the kitchen table. If you look closely at some of the pictures from the older posts, you may be able to see snippets of these power tools in the background. I have to admit, I am a bit intimidated by them. The blades are so shiny and pristine, and there is no sticky food particles on the surface yet. I am psyching myself up to do it. The weekend is perfect because my hubby is here to try out the juice, too. Does anyone get this kind of anxiety? 

Single-Serve Blender from Hamilton Beach. I got this for making my diet smoothies.

Then one day, when I was watching an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm on DVD, I found a scene where Larry David is making a glass of super food juice for his girlfriend. Hey, that's my juicer! It was black, but still the same model. I recognized it just by looking at the top of it. Then I thought, if he can use it, I can, too. It kind of inspired me in a strange way. So I approached the juicer and washed all the parts in the warm soapy water, getting ready for juicing. Anytime now. Anytime very soon. 

Power Juicer Express from Jack La Lanne

No comments:

Post a Comment