Sunday, March 4, 2012

My First Juice

Honeydew cucumber kiwi lime and ginger juice

I finally did it. My hubby helped me push down the honeydew in the chute, and he even cleaned up the kitchen afterwards. Thank you, honey! It was not as scary to make a mess with the juicer, but rather an exciting experience. I wish I had done it sooner!

Honeydew Cucumber Kiwi Lime and Ginger Juice

1/2 Honeydew
1/2 English cucumber
1 Kiwi
Small chunk of fresh ginger
2 sprigs of mint
2 tsp honey
Juice of 1/2 lime
Splash of seltzer water (optional)

I chopped the mint and added to the juice and shook it in a tall Ziploc container. I think zests of the lime would have made it even better. Next time. Still, the juice was refreshing, we could taste a hint of ginger in the background. This would make a nice summer drink, but also a nice cocktail. Hint, hint.


2 comments:

  1. Super yum! We finally got a juicer, too! The girls love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juicing can be fun, I think. You can get really creative with the ingredients you put in it. Let me know what your faves are! Thanks for your lovely comment, Bryan!

      Delete